- Mon - Fri
8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- 401 427-3776
- 123 Dyer Street
The mission of Procurement, a department within Procurement Services, is to directly support RISD's educational, environmental and administrative needs. We are dedicated to assisting the college community with the timely and cost-effective procurement of goods and services through the negotiation of special pricing agreements, terms and negotiated contracts. A centralized procurement process, with competitive bidding, maximizes the college's leverage and purchasing power, ensuring best value for end users.
Procurement also oversees the Procurement Card program and the Travel Management Program. Please see the appropriate links for more information about how to obtain RISD travel rates and links to partner travel agencies.
For departments interested in retaining the services of an independent contractor, please refer to the appropriate process to create an independent contractor agreement.
StaffAmy Barr Senior Strategic Procurement Agent 401 454-6441 firstname.lastname@example.org
Melanie Silva Credit Card Services, Travel & Reimbursement Administrator 401 454-6424 email@example.com
RISD-paid faculty and staff travel: Egencia
RISD partners with Egencia (an Expedia company) as a complete travel management platform for RISD-paid travel. Booking through Egencia helps ensure better deals on flights and provide efficiencies when booking local and out-of-state hotels, rail passes, and car rentals.
Users can access the platform on your browser or with the Egencia app, which provides one place to book and manage all trip components. It also lets you create your own profile and store travel preferences, rewards member numbers, etc., that will be applied each time you book travel. Anyone who books travel on behalf of others can easily arrange travel for guests.
Egencia benefits include:
- a familiar, easy-to-use online booking tool
- business traveler tools that let you set personalized travel preferences
- the free Egencia app that can be used on iPhones, iPads or Androids to easily find, book and make adjustments to your travel at any point in your journey
- safety notifications
- 24/7 assistance for travel changes, refunds, delays and cancellations
For any questions about Egencia or the discounts they provide please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Campus Travel portal for visitor travel (not paid for by RISD)
RISD currently partners with several area hotels for accommodating campus visitors. Please use our campus travel portal—which is run by the Campus Travel Management (CTM) company—to self-book rooms at these partnering establishments. Booking through the portal provides campus visitors with the convenience of nearby lodging and discounted local hotel rates.
Preferred travel agency: The Travel Collaborative
RISD is a member of The Boston Consortium (TBC) Travel Program. This program offers RISD travel discounts on lodging and/or air, rail and rental car reservations through The Travel Collaborative.
Providing travelers with a seasoned travel agent to assist with booking, this service is intended to support more complex travel schedules. The Travel Collaborative offers additional discounted rates with a variety of airlines and hotels. To take advantage of these discounts, RISD employees can reach out to one of the agency's travel agents:
For questions about the Boston Consortium Travel Program, the Travel Collaborative or the discounted rates they provide, please email email@example.com.
RISD Rides shuttle service
Procurement Services has contracted with First Transit to provide RISD Rides, a free late night shuttle service for RISD students, staff and faculty.
Charter bus rentals
Through a sister division, First Transit provides the opportunity for bus rentals for field trips or events through Peter Pan Bus Lines, which offers $115.00/hour (6 hour minimum) charter pricing for bus rentals.
First Transit contact information for charter bus rentals:
Travis Mills, First Transit General Manager
MDT Bus Lines, Inc. contact information:
Phone: 508 336-7111, 508 837-1588
Through E&I Cooperative Services, RISD has access to contract pricing from Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental. Enterprise is the largest car rental company in North America and now owns National Car Rental. The contract offers exceptionally low rates and the ability to choose from two rental programs based upon the individual's needs and requirements.
Within the interview/hire process, RISD Procurement Services may offer assistance with the moving and relocation of household goods to some employees. With the goal of providing reduced costs, greater efficiency and convenience for the employee, RISD has negotiated contract pricing with Conlon Moving Services, a division of United Van Lines. Upon confirmation of the employment offer, the employee should contact the Conlon Relocation Coordinator at the information below to schedule an appointment to review the details of the move and survey the contents of the house. Conlon will provide an accurate, written estimate to Procurement Services for review and processing.
Conlon Moving Systems, United Van Lines contact information:
Barbara Hodgson, Relocation Coordinator
800 831-7356 x 14
RISD preferred/contracted vendors
For further information on the above vendors please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional vendor discounts and programs:
- Home Depot: save up to 20% on all qualifying paint and primer purchases. Contact email@example.com to sign up.
- Lowes: save up to 7% on all qualifying purchases. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
- Amazon Business: benefit from tax exempt status, free prime shipping on eligible items, and a 2 - 5% discount on all qualifying items. Contact email@example.com to sign up.
For furniture purchases please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For procurement card/travel + entertainment card inquiries please contact email@example.com.
Ordering RISD stationery
RISD staff and faculty can order stationery by placing an online order with The Allied Group. Offerings include letterhead stationery, envelopes, note cards and mailing labels.
(Please note that the process for ordering business cards has changed. See the following section for more information.)
To place an order, please contact Procurement at firstname.lastname@example.org for set up information. Upon receipt of a username and password, visit The Allied Group website and follow the process outlined in this ordering guide. The company will produce and maintain inventories of stationery with the pre-printed RISD logo, which will help to keep the costs low and the turnaround time quick. Therefore, an order placed by Wednesday will deliver to campus by the next Friday. The vendor will send a monthly bill to RISD and orders will be charged to the appropriate GL Account Code.
If you would like to order department-specific letterhead and envelopes, please email Procurement with your custom information and a vendor quote with delivery lead time will be requested for you.
If you have any questions, please contact Procurement at 401 427-3776 or email@example.com.
Ordering business cards
RISD staff and faculty can order business cards placing an online order with the Rhode Island-based print and design company MOO. Offerings are limited to business cards at this time. (For any other stationery needs please see the above section.)
To place a business card order:
- Pre-approve your purchase with your manager prior to ordering.
- Set up your RISD account with MOO.
- Refer to the step-by-step MOO Ordering Guide for additional guidance.
- Save the email receipt you receive from Moo and use it to expense/reconcile the bill in Workday.
If you have any questions about business cards, please contact the Media Group or Production Coordinator Jay Davani.
Ordering magnetic RISD name badges
RISD staff and faculty can order personalized name badges by placing an online order with NameBadge.com. To place an order follow these steps:
- Visit RISD’s templated name badge page on the NameBadge.com website
- Click on the RISD template or the "Design yours now click here" button
- Click the "+ Add or edit names" button
- Type in a first name, last name and department name and then click the "+ Add name" button
- If you'd like to order additional badges for other individuals type in another first name, last name and department name and click the "+ Add name" button
- When all names have been added, click the "Finished" button
- On the next screen click the "I am finished adding names" button (Please note: You will not see the first name, last name and department information that you entered appear on the next screen, in My Shopping Cart.)
- Click the "Checkout" button to create a new account/sign in to an existing one and then pay by credit card
If you have any questions, please contact Amy Barr, 401 454-6441.