- 123 Dyer Offices
- Floor 3
- 123 Dyer Street
Summer 2020 information
The Media Group staff is currently working remotely between the hours of 8:30 am–4:30pm. For assistance please contact Jill Feingold at email@example.com.
The Media Group creates and shares a wide range of stories, news and information about RISD and its community, underscoring RISD’s role as a global leader in art and design education and helping to foster a better understanding of the value of art and design in our lives. Through a variety of communications vehicles and platforms, the team focuses on communicating with audiences including prospective students, donors, the RISD community (both on-campus and off) and the general public.
The Media Group plays a central role in devising and executing integrated print and digital marketing and communications strategies in collaboration with partners across campus. This work includes student recruitment in partnership with Admissions, fundraising in concert with Institutional Engagement and support of annual departmental events such as Collection, the Graduate Thesis Exhibition and Commencement.
For requests for marketing and communications advice and assistance, please contact Chief Marketing & Communications Officer Kerci Marcello Stroud. If you receive a request from a reporter or other outside media representative, please contact Senior Director, Public Relations Jaime Marland.
StaffRobert Albanese Senior Writer/Digital Content Editor 401 454-8506 firstname.lastname@example.org
Brian Clark Senior Director, Digital Experience 401 427-6920 email@example.com
Jay Davani Production Coordinator 401 277-4899 firstname.lastname@example.org
Jill Feingold Administrative Assistant 401 454-6108 email@example.com
Jordan Gushwa Design Lead 401 709-8522 firstname.lastname@example.org
Lauren Maas Creative Strategist 401 709-8638 email@example.com
Danielle Mancuso Senior Public Relations Specialist 401 454-6334 firstname.lastname@example.org
Jaime Marland Senior Director, Public Relations 401 427-6954 email@example.com
Mrityunjay Marol Graphic Designer 401 454-6558 firstname.lastname@example.org
Carrie Miller Digital Experience Producer 401 454-6346 email@example.com
Liisa Silander Editorial Director 401 454-6349 firstname.lastname@example.org
Simone Solondz Senior News Writer/Copy Editor 401 709-8528 email@example.com
Kerci Marcello Stroud Chief Marketing & Communications Officer 401 454-6380 firstname.lastname@example.org
Huy Vu Creative Director 401 454-6232 email@example.com
Primary Communication Vehicles
Primary Communication Vehicles - Vision and Content Creation Driven by Media Group:
- risd.edu, RISD’s primary website, which is targeted towards prospective students and parents, along with a broad, global public
- RISD’s college-wide presence on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat (add 'RISD1877' on Snapchat for a look at RISD life in and out of the studio)
- RISD XYZ and XYZmail, the alumni magazine and digital monthly newsletter
- info.risd.edu, a site for the campus community that provides basic, helpful information about all campus offices, resources, services and groups
- events.risd.edu, RISD’s central events calendar accessible to the entire campus community and displayed as part of the risd.edu site
Suggest Content for these Vehicles as Follows:
- recommend newsworthy information and stories (photos welcomed!) by contacting Editorial Director Liisa Silander directly or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and Senior Director of Public Relations Jaime Marland, who handles outreach to media outlets
- submit content updates for risd.edu, info.risd.edu and graduatestudy.risd.edu by emailing email@example.com
- submit high-quality images of student work produced in your department (for use on risd.edu and in print publications) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- post upcoming events at events.risd.edu via the “Submit Your Event” button (open to anyone with a RISD email address and login credentials)
- request guidance for starting or maintaining a RISD-related social media account by contacting Jaime Marland
Promoting News and Events
Promote News and Events through Vehicles Run by Other Departments Including:
- arrange live video streaming of your event via Livestream by contacting David Chandler in Media Resources; let Jaime Marland know once arranged for social media promotion
- reach students through Word Out, the monthly CSI newsletter, by emailing email@example.com
- reach various alumni groups through email and/or social media by contacting Claire Robinson in Alumni Relations