- Mon – Fri
10:00 am – 7:00 pm
10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Key Contact
- Denise Scollo
- 401 454-6319
- Prov Wash
- Floor 1 Lobby
- 20 Washington Place
Mail Services is responsible for the daily delivery of interoffice, USPS and UPS, and for the preparation of outgoing mail. We are also available to help members of the RISD community prepare outgoing mail, though no personal packages shall be handled by Mail Services personnel. Our personnel cannot transport office furniture or materials between departments. For help with this type of service, please submit requests to RISD Facilities.
Student Mail Folders / Package Pickup/ Service Window
Located in the Prov Wash Building at 20 Washington Place.
Academic Year Hours for Window Service and Package Pickup
Monday - Friday: 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Saturday: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
(Closed Sunday and RISD holidays)
Summer Hours for Window Service and Package Pickup
Monday - Friday: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
(Closed Weekends and RISD holidays)
StaffSandra Amaral Mailroom Clerk 401 454-6319 email@example.com
Ulysses Johnson Mailroom Clerk 401 454-6319 firstname.lastname@example.org
Shaun Limiadi Receiving Clerk 401 454-6319 email@example.com
Peter McMaster Mail Services Supervisor 401 454-6319 firstname.lastname@example.org
Alan O'Connor Receiving/Mailroom Clerk 401 454-6319 email@example.com
Kevin Page Lead Receiver 401 454-6716 firstname.lastname@example.org
Denise Scollo Mail & Receiving Manager 401 454-6319 email@example.com
RISD Inter-Office Mail
Mail Services delivers merchandise within 72 hours of receiving it. Mail is delivered to all mail drop-off locations on campus between the hours of 10:00 am and 2:00 pm, Monday through Friday, excluding university holidays and severe weather conditions. Emergency deliveries will be handled on an as-needed basis. Packages will be delivered after the initial mail run is completed. Signatures are required for packages.
With each delivery of mail to an office or mail drop-off location, inter-office and outgoing mail is picked up for postage metering and distribution.
All outgoing mail should be ready for pickup during the time of daily mail delivery and should be separated in the following manner:
- Outgoing mail requiring postage should be grouped together with office account number.
- Certified Mail must be sealed and the proper USPS forms attached.
- Inter-office mail should be seperated.
- Express and all expedited mail should be identified and affixed with an identifier.
Mail Services uses the following approved carriers:
- USPS & USPS Express – RISD client metered is applied on site in Mail Services department.
- UPS – Ensure shipping labels have account number 102551 for RISD client rate.
Lead Receiver: Kevin Page, 401 952-6405
Academic year schedule: Monday - Friday: 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
Summer schedule: Monday - Thursday: 8:00 am – 3:00 pm and Friday: 8:30 am – 12:00 pm
For freight deliveries of more than 150 pounds or that require special equipment for unloading, it is the ordering office's responsibility to inform Procurement Services if a PO is needed. The receiving address for freight deliveries to campus is 30 Main Street. If you are ordering using a PO or RISD purchasing card, please notify Denise Scollo & Kevin Page via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and list Kevin as the contact for your order. Additionally, provide the delivery company with the phone number for Receiving, 401 952-6405.
In most cases involving bulk items, submitting a work request is required to secure the necessary equipment and personnel needed for accepting the delivery. When you receive your work order number, inform Kevin Page so that he can assist in coordinating delivery to your office. The work request must include the delivery date, time (estimated) and location (building and room number). If a representative of the ordering office is not available to sign for deliveries received between 8:30 am–3:30 pm, Receiving will provide a signature. For deliveries scheduled outside receiving hours, an office representative must be present to accept and confirm the product's condition. Receiving does not provide storage or inventory services for goods.
For Incoming Students
Through August 31st, all packages (inbound or outbound) will be dropped off and shipped to the UPS STORE. This does NOT include letter mail which may be sent directly to the student’s mailbox at any time.
- DOWNLOAD THE SHIPPING LABEL PDF THAT IS LOCATED ON THE ORIENTATION INFORMATION PAGE, OR AT: https://cdn.risd.systems/webhook-uploads/1551386313967_mailroom_ups_labelb_02_28_19.pdf
- ONE LABEL PER BOX / CARTON
- PLACE LABEL ON TOP OF CARTON TOWARD LOWER RIGHT CORNER
- TAPE OVER LABEL WITH CLEAR PLASTIC TAPE
- USE NEW BOXES ONLY
- BOXES SHOULD NOT BE CRUSHED, TORN, OR OTHERWISE DAMAGED
* On move in day, pick up for packages sent to the UPS STORE will be available for you to pick up in the RISD first year residential area.
To find any other UPS STORE, visit https://www.theupsstore.com/ or call (800) 789-4623.Shipping Recommendations:
- Ship clothes, books, non-breakable items
- Electronics, computers, stereos be brought with the student to minimize cost and potential damage if not packaged properly
- TV’s, refrigerators, microwaves can be purchased locally and will be more cost effective than if packaged and shipped from home
- Bring shipping receipts with you – if boxes are lost, we can help you track them down with this information
* After August 31st, all packages should be shipped to the following address and MUST include the student's assigned box number:
- Rhode Island School of Design
- 2 College Street, # (BOX)
- Providence, RI 02903
- You may mail packages directly to your assigned RISD mail box.
- Summer package pick-up hours are Monday - Friday: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Labor Day: 10:00 am - 1:00 pm