- Mon – Fri
10:00 am – 7:00 pm
10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Key Contact
- Peter McMaster
- 401 454-6319
- Design Center
- Floor 1
- 30 North Main Street
Mail Services is responsible for the daily delivery of interoffice, USPS and UPS, and for the preparation of outgoing mail. We are also available to help members of the RISD community prepare outgoing mail, though no personal packages shall be handled by Mail Services personnel. Our personnel cannot transport office furniture or materials between departments. For help with this type of service, please submit requests to RISD Facilities.
Student Mail Folders / Package Pickup/ Service Window
Located in the Design Center at 30 North Main Street
Academic Year Hours for Window Service and Package Pickup
Monday - Friday: 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Saturday: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
(Closed Sunday and RISD holidays)
Summer Hours for Window Service and Package Pickup
Monday - Saturday: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
(Closed Sunday and RISD holidays)
StaffSandra Amaral Mailroom Clerk 401 454-6319 firstname.lastname@example.org
Ulysses Johnson Mailroom Clerk 401 454-6319 email@example.com
Shaun Limiadi Receiving Clerk 401 454-6319 firstname.lastname@example.org
Peter McMaster Mail Services Supervisor 401 454-6319 email@example.com
Alan O'Connor Receiving/Mailroom Clerk 401 454-6319 firstname.lastname@example.org
Kevin Page Lead Receiver 401 454-6716 email@example.com
RISD Inter-Office Mail
Mail Services delivers merchandise within 72 hours of receiving it. Mail is delivered to all mail drop-off locations on campus between the hours of 10:00 am and 1:00 pm, Monday through Friday, excluding university holidays and severe weather conditions. Emergency deliveries will be handled on an as-needed basis. Packages will be delivered after the initial mail run is completed. Signatures are required for packages.
With each delivery of mail to an office or mail drop-off location, inter-office and outgoing mail is picked up for postage metering and distribution.
All outgoing mail should be ready for pickup during the time of daily mail delivery and should be separated in the following manner:
- Outgoing mail requiring postage should be grouped together with office account number.
- Certified Mail must be sealed and the proper USPS forms attached.
- Inter-office mail should be seperated.
- Express and all expedited mail should be identified and affixed with an identifier.
Mail Services uses the following approved carriers:
- USPS & USPS Express – RISD client metered is applied on site in Mail Services department.
- UPS – Ensure shipping labels have account number 102551 for RISD client rate.
Lead Receiver: Kevin Page, 401 952-6405
Academic year schedule: Monday - Friday: 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
Summer schedule: Monday - Thursday: 8:30 am – 3:30 pm and Friday: 8:30 am – 2:00 pm
For large freight deliveries (over 150 pounds or those needing special equipment to unload) it is the responsibility of the ordering office to inform Procurement Services if a PO is needed. If you are ordering using a PO or RISD purchasing card, then Kevin Page should be notified via email firstname.lastname@example.org and listed as the RISD contact. The receiving phone number 401 952-6405 should be given to the delivery company. In most cases with bulk items, a work request will need to be submitted to secure the equipment and personnel needed to accept the delivery. Once you have your work order number, you should let Kevin Page know so that he can assist in coordinating delivery to your office. The work request must include the delivery date, estimated time of delivery and delivery location (building and room number). If an office representative is not available to sign for a delivery between 8:30 am and 3:30 pm, Kevin will sign for it. If a delivery’s arrangements are made outside receiving hours, an office representative must be present to accept delivery and confirm condition of product. Receiving does not provide storage or inventory services for goods.
For Incoming Students
RISD mailbox numbers will be sent to incoming students by email in the second week of July. Please wait until you receive your mailbox to ship your items to RISD. Download the shipping label PDF and follow the instructions below:
- ONE LABEL PER BOX/CARTON
- PLACE LABEL ON TOP OF CARTON TOWARD THE LOWER RIGHT CORNER.
- TAPE OVER LABEL WITH CLEAR PLASTIC TAPE.
- USE NEW BOXES ONLY, BOXES SHOULD NOT BE CRUSHED, TORN, OR OTHERWISE DAMAGED.
- Ship clothes, books, non-breakable items.
- Electronics, computers, stereos be brought with the student to minimize cost and potential damage if not packed properly.
- Boxes be no larger than 24”x24”x24”, the size of a small end table, and weigh no more than 70 lbs.
- TV’s, refrigerators, microwaves can be purchased locally and will be more cost effective than if packaged and shipped from home.
- Ship via UPS to ensure tracking capability and adequate insurance coverage. BRING SHIPPING RECEIPTS WITH YOU. If boxes are lost, we can help you track them down with this information.
- THE UPS STORE can help you package and/or ship your belongings.
To find the nearest THE UPS STORE to you, call 1-800-789-4623 or check the web at www.theupsstore.com.
- You may mail packages directly to your assigned RISD mail box.
- Summer package pick-up hours are Monday - Saturday: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm