- Mon – Fri
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Key Contact
- Denise Scollo
- 401 454-6319
- Prov Wash
- Floor 1 Lobby
- 20 Washington Place
Mail Services is responsible for the daily delivery of interoffice, USPS and UPS, and for the preparation of outgoing mail. We are also available to help members of the RISD community prepare outgoing mail, though no personal packages shall be handled by Mail Services personnel. Our personnel cannot transport office furniture or materials between departments. For help with this type of service, please submit requests to RISD Facilities.
Student mail folders / package pickup / service window location: 20 Washington Place
Note: You must enter the queue before coming to the mailroom. You can access the mailroom queue by going to "Queueing and appointments" on the myRISD app.
Mail Services is closed weekends and on RISD Holidays
StaffSandra Amaral Mailroom Clerk 401 454-6319 email@example.com
Zachary Jorgenson Receiving/Mailroom Clerk firstname.lastname@example.org
Alan O'Connor Receiving/Mailroom Clerk 401 454-6319 email@example.com
Kevin Page Lead Receiver 401 454-6716 firstname.lastname@example.org
Denise Scollo Mail & Receiving Manager 401 454-6319 email@example.com
Mailing items to RISD
All packages shipped to the mailroom should be addressed as follows:
Rhode Island School of Design
Two College Street
Box # ______
Providence, RI 02903
- RISD accepts deliveries from the following carriers: USPS, UPS, FedEx, Amazon and DHL. (Please do not ship any items via freight containers.)
- Campus mail is best reserved for shipping clothing, books and other non-fragile items. Do not ship perishable items by mail.
- Packages should be no larger than 24 x 24 x 24" and weigh no more than 70 lbs.
- Use new boxes only. Damaged boxes can impede the delivery process.
- Make sure labels are legible, easy to find and securely affixed to the package.
- To minimize cost and potential damage, we recommend that incoming students bring electronics, stereos and similar items with them to campus rather than shipping by mail.
- Similarly, students are advised to purchase televisions and larger appliances locally for safer and more cost-effective shipping.
- Keep a copy of any tracking information you receive related to your shipment.
All outgoing mail should be ready for pickup during the time of daily mail delivery and should be separated in the following manner:
- Outgoing mail requiring postage should be grouped together with office account number.
- Certified Mail must be sealed and the proper USPS forms attached.
- Interoffice mail should be seperated.
- Express and all expedited mail should be identified and affixed with an identifier.
Mail Services uses the following approved carriers:
- USPS & USPS Express – RISD client metered is applied on site in Mail Services department.
- UPS – Ensure shipping labels have account number 102551 for RISD client rate.
Lead Receiver: Kevin Page, 401 952-6405
Academic year schedule: Monday - Friday: 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
Summer schedule: Monday - Thursday: 8:00 am – 3:00 pm and Friday: 8:30 am – 12:00 pm
For freight deliveries of more than 150 pounds or that require special equipment for unloading, it is the ordering office's responsibility to inform Procurement Services if a PO is needed. The receiving address for freight deliveries to campus is 30 North Main Street. If you are ordering using a PO or RISD purchasing card, please notify Denise Scollo & Kevin Page via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and list Kevin as the contact for your order. Additionally, provide the delivery company with the phone number for Receiving, 401 952-6405.
In most cases involving bulk items, submitting a work request is required to secure the necessary equipment and personnel needed for accepting the delivery. When you receive your work order number, inform Kevin Page so that he can assist in coordinating delivery to your office. The work request must include the delivery date, time (estimated) and location (building and room number). If a representative of the ordering office is not available to sign for deliveries received between 8:30 am–3:30 pm, Receiving will provide a signature. For deliveries scheduled outside receiving hours, an office representative must be present to accept and confirm the product's condition. Receiving does not provide storage or inventory services for goods.
RISD interoffice mail (currently suspended)
Mail Services delivers merchandise within 72 hours of receiving it. Mail is delivered to all mail drop-off locations on campus between the hours of 10:00 am and 2:00 pm, Monday through Friday, excluding university holidays and severe weather conditions. Emergency deliveries will be handled on an as-needed basis. Packages will be delivered after the initial mail run is completed. Signatures are required for packages.
With each delivery of mail to an office or mail drop-off location, inter-office and outgoing mail is picked up for postage metering and distribution.