- Floor 5
- 72 Pine Street
Fall 2020 information
General hours: Monday–Friday, 8:30 am–4:30 pm
Primary phone: 401 454–6637
Primary email: email@example.com
CAPS is currently holding all appointments via tele-counseling. Call or email to make an appointment. In case of mental health emergencies, students can also call 401 454–6637 for 24/7 access to crisis counseling.
For detailed information about RISD’s response to COVID-19, go to covid.risd.edu.
RISD’s Office of Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) provides a range of mental health services to help students improve emotional, interpersonal, and academic functioning, including:
- individual and group counseling, at no additional cost, to any matriculated undergraduate or graduate student
- recommendations to off-campus providers
- consultation to faculty, staff, and parents who may have concerns about a student
- outreach events, and training, related to educating and improving mental health within the college community
- a counselor on call (for after-hours mental health emergencies)
- psychiatric services (upon recommendation from a CAPS counselor)
Emotional well being is essential to personal development and integral to the creative process. Counseling provides a space to address issues that may be interfering with your work. Seeing a counselor helps you respond to the situation before it escalates.
StaffNikole Barnes Interim Director
Nisha Sundararaj Case Manager
Damion Vania Clinical Counselor
Erin Unkefer Intercultural Specialist, Staff Psychologist
Roisin O’Mara Staff Psychologist
Yumin Tan Intercultural Specialist
Hal Woodcome Attending Psychiatrist
Joanne Duval Counseling Services Assistant