- Mon – Fri
7:00 am – 3:30 pm
- Key Contact
- Peter McMaster
- 401 454-6319
- Design Center
- Floor 1
- 30 North Main Street
Mail Services is responsible for the daily delivery of interoffice, USPS, UPS, Federal Express and Airborne Express, and for the preparation of outgoing mail. We are also available to help members of the RISD community prepare outgoing mail, though no personal packages shall be handled by Mail Services personnel. Our personnel cannot transport office furniture or materials between departments. For help with this type of service, please submit requests to RISD Facilities.
Student Mail Boxes / Service Window
Student mail boxes and the mail service window are located in the Design Center located at 30 North Main Street.
The package pickup area is located in the basement of the Design Center.
Hours for Window Service and Package Pickup*
Monday - Friday , 11:00 am - 7:00 pm
Saturday 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
(Closed Sunday and RISD holidays)
*hours are for academic year
StaffSandra Amaral Mailroom Clerk 401 454-6319 firstname.lastname@example.org
Bryan Cullion Receiving Clerk (pt) 401 454-6319 email@example.com
Ulysses Johnson Mailroom Clerk 401 454-6319 firstname.lastname@example.org
Shaun Limiadi Receiving Clerk 401 454-6319 email@example.com
Peter McMaster Mail Services Supervisor 401 454-6319 firstname.lastname@example.org
Alan O'Connor Receiving/Mailroom Clerk 401 454-6319 email@example.com
Kevin Page Lead Receiver 401 454-6716 firstname.lastname@example.org
RISD Inter-Office Mail
Mail Services delivers merchandise within 72 hours of receiving it. Mail is delivered to all mail drop-off locations on campus between the hours of 10:00 am and 1:00 pm, Monday through Friday, excluding university holidays and severe weather conditions. Emergency deliveries will be handled on an as-needed basis. Packages will be delivered after the initial mail run is completed. Signatures are required for packages.
With each delivery of mail to an office or mail drop-off location, inter-office and USPS mail is picked up for postage metering and distribution. All outgoing mail should be ready for pickup during the time of daily mail delivery. Outgoing mail should be separated in the following manner:
- Outgoing mail requiring postage should be grouped together with office account number.
- Certified Mail must be sealed and the proper USPS forms attached.
- Inter-office mail should be seperated.
- Express and all expedited mail should be identified and affixed with an identifier.
Lead Receiver: Kevin Page, 401 952-6405
Academic year schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
Summer schedule: Monday - Thursday, 8:30 am – 3:30 pm and Friday, 8:30 am – 2:00 pm
For large freight deliveries (over 150 pounds or those needing special equipment to unload) it is the responsibility of the ordering office to inform Procurement Services if a PO is needed. If you are ordering using a PO or RISD purchasing card, then Kevin Page should be notified via email email@example.com and listed as the RISD contact. The receiving phone number 401 952-6405 should be given to the delivery company. In most cases with bulk items, a work request will need to be submitted to secure the equipment and personnel needed to accept the delivery. Once you have your work order number, you should let Kevin Page know so that he can assist in coordinating delivery to your office. The work request must include the delivery date, estimated time of delivery and delivery location (building and room number). If an office representative is not available to sign for a delivery between 8:30 am and 3:30 pm, Kevin will sign for it. If a delivery’s arrangements are made outside receiving hours, an office representative must be present to accept delivery and confirm condition of product. Receiving does not provide storage or inventory services for goods.
- Do not ship any boxes until August.
- Make sure that all boxes are shipped to the UPS Store. Due to limited storage facilities and volume at the start of school, if you ship directly to RISD your boxes may be turned away. Packages can be sent directly to students at their RISD mailbox after September 7.
- Packages should be no larger than 24”x24”x24” and should weigh no more than 70 pounds.
- You will receive a notice from mail services that includes: shipping labels to be used on all boxes you send, which can be photocopied if more are needed, and a set of instructions and recommendations on how best to ship your personal belongings.
- How to Address Incoming Student Mail (after box# has been assigned):
Rhode Island School of Design
2 College St, BOX#________
Providence, RI 02903
- Please do not use UPS to ship your boxes to campus. You may mail boxes directly to your assigned RISD mail box.
- Summer package pick-up hours are Monday - Thursday 11:00 am – 3:30 pm and Friday 10:00 am – 1:00 pm